Ah, progress! Time marches on and we here at Screen Printers Warehouse are not immune.
Today I'd like to inform you of some of the new payment features you will encounter while shopping on our website. The purpose of these changes is to provide our shoppers with more options, to increase the convenience of shopping for your screen printing supplies online, and to increase our protection against those who try to abuse our trust and make online commerce bad for everyone.
First - New payment methods!
We've always accepted a broad range of credit cards for payments, but now we've added several other methods to help make your shopping easier. We've added:
- PayPal Credit - Need to make a big purchase to fulfill that big order? Use PayPal Credit to get you the supplies you need to get those presses running!
- Visa Checkout - If you're already enrolled in the Visa Checkout program you can now use it here to make purchasing with your Visa card easier, and help add a layer of protection to your transaction.
- Google Pay - Yes, those weirdos from Google are everywhere these days, and now the same payment method you use to buy lattes can get you pellon squares and scoop coaters.
- Stored Credit Cards - You can choose to store your credit card info when you make a purchase, and your payment info will be there for your next purchase without having to re-enter it. Pick out your purchases and pay for them fast so you can get back to printing.
Of course, with great power comes great responsibility. And while some may struggle with the deeper implications of power, the new requirements for credit card purchases aren't really all that difficult. It's really stuff you're used to if you do much shopping on the internet, and it helps protect both you and us from fraud and the abuse of online payments:
- CVV codes - that 3 or 4 digit code on the back of your card is now mandatory for all transactions. I know it's kind of a pain to increase the amount of numbers you need to type for every transaction, but the protection it provides for both you and us by ensuring that you have your actual card in hand and not just a clone/copy is worth the few extra seconds it adds to the transaction. This may be a good reason to try that stored card # thing.
- CVV verification - The entered code must match what the bank has. If your bank can't/won't verify it, your purchase will be rejected.
- Address verification - the billing address you enter on our checkout page must match the address your bank has for your credit card, including the street address and postal code. This is also for your protection and ours. The shipping address can still be wherever you need it. Only the billing address must match.
Whew! This is starting to look like a software license wall-of-text so I'll wrap this up;
You can now use PayPal Credit, Visa Checkout, and Google Pay to make a purchase on our website.
You can securely store your credit card info with our payment processor to make future purchases easier and faster.
You must enter your CVV code and a matching billing address for every purchase.
Thank you for being a Screen Printers Warehouse customer, and if you have any questions or comments please let us know.